TreePennsylvania, a statewide nonprofit organization, is committed to improving Pennsylvania’s urban and community forests. To that end, the Board of Directors has designated a small scholarship fund to provide access to practitioners, interested individuals, educators, and others to attend in- or out-of-state workshops, conferences or classes that will expand their knowledge about urban and community forestry or tree-related issues in the urban environment. The Scholarship Program awards scholarships on a rolling basis throughout a calendar year until allocated funds are expended.
Scholarship Guidelines :
- Applications must be submitted no later than five business days prior to the event for which scholarship funds are being sought.
- Scholarship recipients must pay for any expenses covered by the scholarship up front and submit a receipt for reimbursement within two weeks of the event.
- Allowable expenses for scholarship reimbursements including conference/workshop registration only. At this time, travel (lodging, fuel, etc.) and meal expenses are not covered by scholarship funds.
- Preference is given for events occurring within Pennsylvania; however, out-of-state events will be considered dependent on available funding.
- Only costs ineligible for reimbursement through other means (i.e. employer available coverage) may be reimbursed through a TreePennsylvania scholarship.
- Applicants must be full time residents of Pennsylvania.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application form (link below).
- Please allow 3-5 business days for a response to submitted applications.
Questions about TreePennsylvania’s Scholarship program? Please submit your inquiry using the form below :